Monday, March 18, 2013

Visual Literacy Learning

The new literacy that I focused on was visual literacy, and I reviewed another visual literacy project as well! I liked that I was able to do this because it allowed me to have an extension of my learning, because I was able to see how another person interpreted this literacy, as well as how they portrayed their own learning in their project.

Visual Literacy is a focus on the visual elements of a piece (text, video, environment, people around you...) and to then to bring some sort of comprehension, or conclusion, from what you see. This can include other aspects of your senses, but the visual is the focus. For our project we did a digital storybook that anyone could easily make themselves. We thought it might be cool to create a story using only pictures, with an intended plot, and then someone else try to create a plot using their own comprehension on the pictures alone. It would be interesting to compare similarities and differences and talk about WHY the visual causes these things to be different.

The project I reviewed was a piece on a glogster website. They created on large picture with many different pictures and a video inside. There was also text that explained what visual literacy was and how it could be used, but I loved that the pictures led you to that information and not vice versa.

Two great ways to portray what visual literacy is!

No comments:

Post a Comment