When I started this project I had always thought of literacy being reading and writing. I never really thought about literacy being cultural. Doing the research for this project made me see that it is actually really easy to include cultural literacy in the classroom.
After doing the research I noticed that the activities and lessons that I never really thought about being cultural literacy, were in fact cultural literacy. I think for me learning about cultural literacy was not that surprising, but seeing lessons and ways to include this in the classroom was very interesting.
I started out thinking that literacy is just literacy, but I found out that it is much more. Literacy is visual, emotional, digital, and cultural. I have learned that you can incorporate literacy into everything that you do in the classroom.
Using the weebly website creator you can create a website of anything you want. Using this in the classroom will allow for students to be interactive with the website and also with cultural literacy. You can make a website about a culture, or many different cultures and assign students to do things each day or week. When the students are engaged with the topic they are more likely to get something from it.
As a teacher I want to include this among with other technologies in my classroom. I think that students will find this fun and interesting, they could even make their own website about a culture.
No comments:
Post a Comment